Sunday, January 2, 2011

Inurl:home View.shtml

Fair Isle 101

last year I started a long-cherished dream project. In my first Fair Isle sweater IWK the 101 was in it. A wonderful part. Do you know that? Man sees a picture, then the instructions are there wum makes:)
knew any case I do not like me to come to the yarn (I was so fit internet technology is not just knit), and Fair Isle? But before 2 or 3 years I have just married me. The knit worked amazingly well, but the colors were ... very ... let's say colorful. I had taken from Merino Schachenmeyr. In itself a great yarn, but the color gradations are definitely not suitable for Fair Isle. Last year, the Meet Anke has to be opened Holst knit yarn! The yarn is very pretty and comes in an amazing color palette. So I am still range set times. Anke has helped me pick out colors, and finally came the ball. So beautiful.

I had some jitters, as has the whole thing I knit with NS 3.25. To make matters worse I have a completely different tension. But I nevertheless have dared. On the drive to Ravelermeeting in Backnang I bravely aufgehäckelt 372 mesh (Tip of the Meet to knit round, for I may not lower rib cuffs:) started) and my waist. I've knitted and knitted and was impressed how quickly I progressed. Just pulled the whole somehow strongly connected. After the round left (below the edge) then came the motivational saying by Wiebke "Well, you're not much but knit today! The increases did not know."

the suspicion that something was wrong, I had already had, but simply irgnoriert. Now I did come to ponder, because I should now have 5200 stitches. Did the whole thing look more like 3 rows, because I had a suspicion. I would still not produce a Mobius? But there it was. 3 times I've been sent all - Mobius. Wiebke has also checked again and came to the same result. Thus came ups together what had to come out and rip. Wiebke has fortunately not proposed that I slip into again to see if for the width would be ok. Nor was it. The ring was much too far! Blessing in disguise, I had to raise at least not more and could start with the right number of stitches. In the sound of the alarm clock

that the end of the first day of I announced to the meeting unraveled over 5000 stitches. About the the time was when I was Bocking. Yes I admit I'm a little stubborn. So simple I wanted will not be defeated. I wanted this sweater!

After sher delicious dinner, I started yet at the table again aufzuhäkeln my stitches (after all, only 336!). Then I knit from the first round, second, and ... was to control the part in the Round:) This would not happen to me 2x. After 3 or 4 checks I got back the part and knit a few stitches until we had to home. In the next few days grew and grew the sweater. The cuffs snapped and the Fair Isle part was great. At the Knit Girls I once more the expression of potato chip Knitting snapped. This applies definitely on Fair Isle. Only the series, oh One goes to ...

0 comments:

Post a Comment